Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 855847
propogate knowledge of problematic VDS to prevent using them
Last modified: 2016-02-10 14:15:09 EST
Description of problem:
engine must propogate its knowledge of problematic VDSs quick and wide to avoid using them for VM scheduling or for SPM actions.
see also bug 767222
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.create a cluster with 3 hosts - A (SPM) B and C
2. run several vm's on spm host
3. block storage connectivity with iptables to A and B
- engine will pick A and B as problematic
- meanwhile will try to migrate the VM to B.
- migration will fail obviously (B doesn't see storage)
- the VM will return to status Paused and won't re-run (engine doesn't support migrating paused VM see bug 767222)
- C is not used
- engine should pick C as the destination host for migration and neglect B till is ok
Created attachment 654415 [details]
logs for roy
Closing old bugs. If this issue is still relevant/important in current version, please re-open the bug.