Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 856108
Redundant events about VLAN networks are reported to audit log
Last modified: 2016-02-10 14:57:08 EST
Description of problem:
An event-log is created for two types of VLAN network event-types:
1. For host which misses a network having vlan-tag.
2. For host with a vlan network out-of-sync with the vlan-id defined on the network on engine.
The first event is not relevant since is covered by the validation for a required network existence on host (regardless having vlan-tag)
The second event is already covered by the network-no-in-sync event.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
For event 1:
1. Create a network with vlan-id as non-required.
2. Perform any action via setupNetworks and check the event log.
For event 2:
1. Create a network with vlan-tag and attach to host.
2. Change manually the attached interface vlan-id.
3. Perform any action via setupNetworks not related to this interface so getCapabilities is invoked.
4. Check the events printed to the audit log.
zeus02 is missing vlan id: 9 that is expected by the cluster
zeus02 is having wrong vlan id: 5, expected vlan id: 222
The first event shouldn't be recorded.
Instead of the second event, the following message is expected in events-log:
Host zeus02's following network(s) are not synchronized with their Logical Network configuration: VLAN_MTU_5000.
A suggested patch:
Verified in SI19.1