Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 85888
Applets not adapting in size when moving between panels of different sizes
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:51:56 EDT
Description of Problem:
When moving applets between panels of different sizes, they do not adapt in size
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Start from a default desktop (a newly created user logs in for the first time)
2. Right-click on main panel->New Panel->Edge Panel
3. Enlarge the new panel (right-click on it and select Properties -> select X
Large in the Size selector)
4. Close the properties dialog
5. Right-click on the workspace switcher applet in the main panel and choose "Move"
6. In move mode, drag the applet to the new larger sized panel
The applet does not fill the panel properly and looks distorted and warped.
The applet should look like applets do after being freshly added to a panel.
How often does this happen?
The bug behaves differently the other way around(i.e when moving from larger to
smaller panels). In these cases, instead the panel is slightly enlarged which
will make the existing applets being surrounded by empty space (best visible
when the recieving panel is transparent).
Created attachment 90540 [details]
Sceenshot of a moved applet (right one) besides a freshly added applet (left one)
Re-tested this on Fedora core 1, and the bug *seems* to be fixed. The
workspace switcher applet, volume control applet and windowlist applet
all adapt in size now. Only exception (I've found so far) was the
notification area applet, which kept it's size from the smaller panel.
Suggestion: test this with ALL AVAILABLE APPLETS FOR GNOME and check
that they behave as desired.
Should be fixed these days.
>> Should be fixed these days.
It is. Tried it with FC2 and everything worked fine.