Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 858983
Nic driver change from bnx2 to e1000 after configured in vlan ENV.
Last modified: 2016-04-26 09:55:35 EDT
Created attachment 614813 [details]
Description of problem:
In vlan ENV, choose the bnx2 nic and configure it with dhcp, the nic driver change from bnx2 to e1000, and the vendor info will disappear.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. TUI Install RHEV-H.
2. Enter Network detail page, focus on nic driver (The nic driver show as bnx2).
3. Configure the bnx2 nic with DHCP and vlan ID (e.g. 20)
4. Focus in nic driver and vendor info again.
5. Disable network and check the nic driver.
1. Nic driver change from bnx2 to e1000 after configured in vlan ENV.
2. Vendor info will disappear too.
3. The bnx2 driver will back after disable network.
Configured network in vlan should not affect nic driver.
Created attachment 614814 [details]
Created attachment 614816 [details]
No such issue in RHEV-H 6.2 GA version, so it is a regression bug.
This only happens if a vlanid is assigned to the nic.
The driver is correctly displayed when no vlanid is given.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.