Bug 860202 - [RFE] When template description contains some UTF-8 characters, ImageFactory fails building image with error 500.
[RFE] When template description contains some UTF-8 characters, ImageFactory ...
Status: ASSIGNED
Product: CloudForms Cloud Engine
Classification: Red Hat
Component: imagefactory (Show other bugs)
1.1.0
x86_64 Linux
unspecified Severity medium
: rc
: ---
Assigned To: nobody nobody
Rehana
: FutureFeature, Triaged
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-09-25 05:12 EDT by Milan Falešník
Modified: 2015-08-02 20:02 EDT (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Enhancement
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed:
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
imagefactory.log log file. Grep for UnicodeDecodeError (62.50 KB, application/octet-stream)
2012-09-25 05:12 EDT, Milan Falešník
no flags Details

  None (edit)
Description Milan Falešník 2012-09-25 05:12:27 EDT
Created attachment 616926 [details]
imagefactory.log log file. Grep for UnicodeDecodeError

Description of problem:
Thanks to my little deviation with writing everything possible in Czech, I found this bug. ImageFactory probably does not properly handle foreign characters in Katello's template description. The description was: "Testovací RHEL5 server s make" (RHEL5 server with make for testing). Build failed with Error 500. When I looked into imagefactory.log, it failed with "UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters...". When I copy-pasted the unicode character, it was the 'í' from the description. It does that with RHEV-M, but I have no other providers available now. So don't know whether it's provider-specific, but it seems to me that not.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
imagefactory-1.0.2-1.el6cf.noarch
aeolus-all-0.13.14-1.el6cf.noarch

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create system template in Katello, set its description that way that it contains some non-english letters (either something asian or just accented latin, you can try copy-pasting some of Czech accented letters: ěščřžýáíéúůďťň. I tested it also with Japanese characters, same result)
2. Save the template, download it into your computer
3. Create a new image in Aeolus from that template
4. Try to build the image
  
Actual results:
Flash message: "Failed. Response code = 500. Response message = Internal Server Error." appears.

Expected results:
Normal build

Additional info:
Comment 2 Mike Orazi 2012-09-25 17:22:35 EDT
This looks like a good candidate for consideration in 2.0

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.