Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 86080
Software RAID is not stoped when emergency shutdown
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:51:59 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 Galeon/1.2.6 (X11; Linux i686; U;) Gecko/0
Description of problem:
I've configured a smart ups on our server, which has software RAID level 1 and
2. upsd, upsmon starts, reports any changes in power state.
If I pull the plug to test power failure, the shutdown is initiated. After
startup, the md driver starts resync with both devices. Then I've checked it
again, and recognized, that the md cleanup were not done before poweroff. I
missed "flushing IDE devices" also.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Configure nut with a smart ups, start ups and upsmon
2. Pull the plug from UPS,
3. Wait for battery depletion, and UPS poweroff
4. Plug the power cable back again,
5. Wait until the UPS is back again (or turn off and on)
6. Check /var/log/messages after startup
Actual Results: UPS has turned off. After power restore Linux boots, but found
all software RAID devices unclean, and starts resync.
Expected Results: To find a clean md array after reboot.
it should be fixed in the current FC3/FC4 release. please reopen it agains
if the problem still appears. Please change product to "Fedora Core"
and the version to "4". Thank you very much.