Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 863479
KickstartFileSyncTask will be repeated endlessly for kickstart profiles renamed before upgrade to Satellite 5.5
Last modified: 2013-01-07 23:06:07 EST
Description of problem:
A taskomatic task "KickstartFileSyncTask" will be repeated endlessly for
kickstart profiles renamed before upgrade to Satellite 5.5.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Have a 5.4 Satellite, kickstart profile "profile01"
2. Rename "profile01" to "profile02"
2. Upgrade to Satellite 5.5
3. Check taskomatic & cobbler logs after upgrade
1. Taskomatic will endlessly try to run KickstartFileSyncTask for kickstart
profile "profile02", leaving messages like:
com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.KickstartFileSyncTask - Syncing profile02
2. kickstart path for the "profile02" profile will not be updated in
1. Kickstart profile "profile02" will be synced only once.
2. kickstart path for the "profile02" profile will be updated in
On Satellite before the upgrade:
1. Kickstart file for "profile01" is at
2. cobbler's record for "profile01" points to the above file.
3. "profile01" will be renamed to "profile02"
4. Kickstart file for "profile02" will still be
5. cobbler's record will remain unchanged
During the upgrade to Satellite 5.5, content of
will be deleted.
After the upgrade to Satellite 5.5, "KickstartFileSyncTask" will wake up.
The taskomatic task "KickstartFileSyncTask" does the following:
1. Lists all available kickstart profiles
2. For every kickstart profile, it contacts cobbler and asks for the path to
the kickstart file for the kickstart profile. Next, it checks whether
the kickstart file is present on the filesystem. If not, it creates this
In case of "profile02", KickstartFileSyncTask will create the following file:
but will never tell cobbler back that the path to the kickstart file has
Next time KickstartFileSyncTask will run, it will do the same procedure
for "profile02" again.
There's a need to update also cobbler profile configuration ... enhancing ks file sync ...
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
*** Bug 862144 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***