Description of problem:
I have converted the Liberation fonts from ttf to native RISC OS format.
Technically this is a modified version of the font.
As per the licence I am asking for explicit permission to keep the font name as Liberation.
The font will not be charged for etc. as per licence requirements, and the licence will be included in the distribution.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
What are the steps you have taken for this conversion?
I saw one utility http://www.netsurf-browser.org/projects/ttf2f/ for this conversion.
I simply ran the fonts through the converter and have labeled them:
I have placed these in a ZIP file along with the licence file ready for distribution.
I can host a copy of the zip file for your inspection if you would like
Sorry, yes I used the ttf2f converter that you mentioned.
Yes, it will be nice if you host or attach converted fonts zip copy on this bugzilla.
Other queries are
1. Does RISK OS fonts provide same rendering as ttf? (will be good if you can provide some screenshot)
2. Is there any chance of conversion in font format result in crashing of application?
3. Converted font should contain the font information of original ttf, like version, font name, license and copyright etc.
Sorry, just in the middle of a house move.
1. I'll get a screenshot and zip file.
2. There is always a theoretical possibility of a font crashing an application, however it is highly improbable and I haven't ever seen this happen with this (or any other font)
3. Not exactly sure if it does or not, I'll strings it and see. If it doesn't would providing original ttf distribution with it be OK?
Yes, fair enough. Waiting for zip file.
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 19 development cycle.
Changing version to '19'.
(As we did not run this process for some time, it could affect also pre-Fedora 19 development
cycle bugs. We are very sorry. It will help us with cleanup during Fedora 19 End Of Life. Thank you.)
More information and reason for this action is here:
Please reopen when you gets time.