Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 863907
GlusterFS automatically starts smb service when it is disabled w/ chkconfig
Last modified: 2015-01-22 10:30:43 EST
Verified the bug on 184.108.40.206rhs-33.el6rhs.x86_64 build.
Steps to verify:
1. Update RHS 2.0 to 220.127.116.11rhs-33.el6rhs.x86_64 build.
2. chkconfig smb off
3. Check the smb service is not started
4. Create a gluster volume and start the volume.
5. 'service smb status' and verify that the smb service is not started and gluster volume start does not start the smb service.
6. Check /var/log/messages and verify there are no smb related error messages.
7. execute 'service smb start' on all nodes
8. gluster volume <volname> start force
9. 'service smb status' and verify that smb is still running and the volume start does not affect smb status if it is already running.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.