Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 864182
[RFE] Launching Multi-assembly application with Instances of two different providers fail
Last modified: 2012-10-10 12:29:23 EDT
Created attachment 623685 [details]
Description of problem: lauch multi-assembly deployments with images of 2 different providers fails
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Added Provider accounts for ec2, rhevm and Vsphere
2. Built and Pushed for all the providers together
3. Created an Application Blueprint from this image and launched
Actual results: Only one instance is launched according to priority (for me rhevm had 1)
Expected results: Three instances should be launched under one application for all the proviuders.
rpm -qa|grep aeolus
Another Scenario :
Created Three Separate images for ec2 , rhevm and vsphere and copied the image id of these three into a single xml as shown below :
<deployable version="1.0" name="all_img">
<assembly hwp="small-x86_64" name="rhev-img">
<assembly hwp="small-x86_64" name="ec2-img">
<assembly hwp="small-x86_64" name="vsphere-img">
But even this doesn't work and launch all the three instances
Will provide an updated error message that this should not be allowed to launch.
Conductor doesn't support launching of cross-provider deployments.
Behavior in both comments is as expected.
1) in first case one image was built and pushed to all 3 providers, deployable with this one image was then launched on one provider with highest priority.
2) in second case a deployable contained 3 images and none of the providers contained all 3 images. Error message that deployment can't be launched was displayed on launch overview page.
-> closing as not a bug