Bug 864192 - aeolus-image list --accounts returns empty list
aeolus-image list --accounts returns empty list
Status: CLOSED ERRATA
Product: CloudForms Cloud Engine
Classification: Red Hat
Component: rubygem-aeolus-cli (Show other bugs)
1.1.0
Unspecified Unspecified
unspecified Severity medium
: beta5
: ---
Assigned To: Martyn Taylor
Rehana
: Triaged
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-10-08 16:01 EDT by Shveta
Modified: 2012-12-04 10:08 EST (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
The provider account API was changed to return 'shallow' objects when querying the collection and the provider account API 'name' attribute was changed to 'label'. This was caused due to API changes in conductor. Rather than update the command line to adhere to these new changes this bug changes the default behavior to act in the same way as v1.0 API. Provider account API's now return objects.
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2012-12-04 10:08:04 EST
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Shveta 2012-10-08 16:01:24 EDT
Description of problem:


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:


Steps to Reproduce:
1. I have provider accounts added for all providers ec2 , rhevm and vsphere 
2.
3.
  
Actual results:
 aeolus-image list --accounts
Name     Provider     Provider Type     
----     --------     -------------     
                                        



Expected results:


Additional info:

rpm -qa|grep aeolus
aeolus-conductor-doc-0.13.16-1.el6cf.noarch
aeolus-conductor-daemons-0.13.16-1.el6cf.noarch
rubygem-aeolus-cli-0.7.3-1.el6cf.noarch
rubygem-aeolus-image-0.3.0-12.el6.noarch
aeolus-all-0.13.16-1.el6cf.noarch
aeolus-conductor-0.13.16-1.el6cf.noarch
aeolus-configure-2.8.8-1.el6cf.noarch
Comment 2 Martyn Taylor 2012-10-12 10:42:30 EDT
This was caused due to API changes in conductor.  Rather than update the CLI to adhere to these new changes I have changed the default behaviour to act in the same way as v1.0 API.
Comment 3 John Eckersberg 2012-10-12 14:13:04 EDT
I "fixed" the providerimages command in the CLI to account for the API change already, so we'll also need to revert that commit.  I completely agree with this approach.  Maintaining the API compatibility is the right solution.

See: https://github.com/aeolusproject/aeolus-cli/pull/1
Comment 5 John Eckersberg 2012-10-12 15:04:36 EDT
On conductor 1.1 as 708ac20, b859a3c
Comment 6 John Eckersberg 2012-10-12 15:07:29 EDT
On aeolus-cli 1.1 as 699be4a
Comment 8 Aziza Karol 2012-10-17 00:31:05 EDT
# aeolus-image list --accounts
Name            Provider          Provider Type     
-----------     -------------     -------------     
mock            mock              mock              
aziza_rhevm     rhevm-default     rhevm    


verified:
rpm -qa | grep aeolus
aeolus-conductor-doc-0.13.20-1.el6cf.noarch
rubygem-aeolus-cli-0.7.5-1.el6cf.noarch
aeolus-all-0.13.20-1.el6cf.noarch
aeolus-conductor-0.13.20-1.el6cf.noarch
rubygem-aeolus-image-0.3.0-12.el6.noarch
aeolus-configure-2.8.9-1.el6cf.noarch
aeolus-conductor-daemons-0.13.20-1.el6cf.noarch
Comment 10 errata-xmlrpc 2012-12-04 10:08:04 EST
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.

For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.

If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHEA-2012-1516.html

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.