Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 864707
Provide a way to select all disk devices
Last modified: 2013-05-03 17:05:18 EDT
When in the gui partition screen there doesn't appear to be a way to select all disk devices. When installing on s390x I have something like 14 dasd devices to select. Doing this manually is tedious. Previous UI gave a checkbox, this UI could have something like an keycombo, <ctrl>+a or some such.
If you bring this up in irc, we can work on a design with mo. Should be very easy to code once designed.
Hi! Here's what we came up with in IRC:
- This bug is for disk selection, *not* for partitioning. It's also for the main (first page in the storage spoke) disk selection screen, not the advanced storage / filter UI.
- Shift+Click isn't correctly working in the disk selection widgets so that ability should be added.
- Ctrl+A isn't correctly working in the disk selection widgets so that ability should be added.
- When selecting multiple items, the widget isn't scrolling properly so you can see what you're clicking on (if you do it via keyboard, at least.) That should be fixed. Chris fixed a similar scrolling issue elsewhere in commit 66199a988d2efa32933590dd6b450b3258939952
- We should consider putting a little empty checkbox graphic emblem in the upper left of the disk icons in the list, and changing it to a checkmark when the disk is selected to help better make it apparent that you can select more than one disk. This has been a point of confusion for several users now.
Probably going to have to wait for post-F18 then (or at least, for someone else to take a look).
Vratislav - this will be solved by your work for F19.
Patch for the Ctrl+A functionality posted to anaconda-patches. The Shift+Click functionality will be added in one of the following iterations.
anaconda-19.22-1.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
Package anaconda-19.22-1.fc19, pykickstart-1.99.28-1.fc19:
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 19 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing anaconda-19.22-1.fc19 pykickstart-1.99.28-1.fc19'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
anaconda-19.22-1.fc19, pykickstart-1.99.28-1.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
anaconda-19.23-1.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
anaconda-19.24-1.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.