Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 864964
add keyboard accelerators to entries/checkboxes/etc.
Last modified: 2013-09-19 09:09:49 EDT
Description of problem:
Current newUI anaconda is not usable when there's not mouse available. Installation without mouse (or with unusable touchpad in KVM) is valid usecase for a lot of our customers.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run installation without mouse
1. A lot of useful information is displayed in tooltips, which are not visible without mouse.
2. A lot of accelerators are missing, but I suppose this is because of early stage of development.
I do mouseless installs all the time, so "not usable" is a real stretch.
(1) We try to not use tooltips too much. Perhaps there's something we can do to make them display with a widget is highlighted, though.
(2) Which accelerators specifically?
For example following accelerators are missing:
* Date & Time
* Encrypt my data...
* Partition scheme configuration
* add new mount point
* remove mount point
* "Click here to to create them automatically." button
* Mount Point
* Desired Capacity
* Device Type
* File System
* X storage devices selected
..and so on
Although it is possible to use <Tab> key or arrows to go through all? elements, it is not very comfortable to hit <Tab> key six times and search which element has focus.
The installation summary ones are going to have to remain accessible only via tab. For the rest, I don't believe we can do anything about them right now without introducing string changes, so it'll have to wait until F19.
*** Bug 887426 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Actually, I think I can do the spoke selectors too. I'll be sending out a patch for rawhide shortly.
I've gone through and added an awful lot of keyboard accelerators. If you find some that are still missing, please just open a new bug and I'll take care of them. Thanks.