Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 865123
Ability for a user to request "Resend confirmation email"
Last modified: 2015-05-14 21:15:00 EDT
Description of problem:
User registers on the OpenShift, but
1) Does not confirm email verification on time OR
2) Never receives confirmation email and tries to login/reset password. This leads to "The supplied login or password was invalid".
- User would have to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer enablement team works with streamline who in turn files
a ticket with ASM. ASM provides a confirmation URL.
- URL goes back to user for their verification.
The above can be tackled by implementing any of the below or if you have better solution, we are all ears. Goal is to make it smooth for the users.
- Put a link to "resend confirmation email". Pretty much similar to Red Hat Customer portal. OR
- When a user tries to sign up with the same username, check for email verification flag and resend the confirmation email automatically. OR
- When a user tries to reset the password, check for email verification flag and include the confirmation email link either in the "reset password email" template or "resend the confirmation email" template.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
This is covered by story https://rally1.rallydev.com/#/3680153498d/detail/userstory/7699483189 in the IT teams backlog.