Bug 86583 - Map entry missing
Summary: Map entry missing
Status: CLOSED DUPLICATE of bug 58304
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: autofs   
(Show other bugs)
Version: 8.0
Hardware: i686 Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Nalin Dahyabhai
QA Contact: Brock Organ
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2003-03-25 22:17 UTC by Boris Vinarsky
Modified: 2007-04-18 16:52 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2006-02-21 18:52:18 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Boris Vinarsky 2003-03-25 22:17:53 UTC
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20021003

Description of problem:
The autofs script removes the map entry if the mount point is a part of another
entry mount point. For instance, from two entries:
/proj        auto.proj
/export/proj auto.export.proj
only /export/proj will be mounted. For the entry /proj automount will not be started

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Set in /etc/nsswitch.conf
automount:  files
2.Create /etc/auto.master file with two entries
/proj        auto.proj
/export/proj auto.export.proj
3.Execute 
service autofs status
    

Actual Results:  Configured Mount Points:
------------------------
/usr/sbin/automount /export/proj yp auto.export.proj

Active Mount Points:
--------------------


Expected Results: 
Configured Mount Points:
------------------------
/usr/sbin/automount /export/proj yp auto.export.proj
/usr/sbin/automount /proj yp auto.proj

Active Mount Points:


Additional info:

The reason for this bug is false positive identification of the duplicate entry
in the autofs script. 

As a workaround I removed the test for the duplicates in the function getmounts.
I replaced:
            if [ ! -z "$dir" -a ! -z "$map" \
                        -a x`echo "$map" | cut -c1` != 'x-' \
                        -a "`echo "$knownmaps" | grep $dir/`" = "" ]
with
            if [ ! -z "$dir" -a ! -z "$map" \
                        -a x`echo "$map" | cut -c1` != 'x-' ]

Again, it is a workaround, not a permanent fix. The test is needed, but should
be done differently, without loss of entries.

Comment 1 Jeff Moyer 2004-03-22 15:42:14 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 58304 ***

Comment 2 Red Hat Bugzilla 2006-02-21 18:52:18 UTC
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.