Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 866257
why does grub2 in F17 get no stable-update
Last modified: 2012-10-14 17:58:54 EDT
one of the argumentations for grub2 was the it will see a final-release
well, that happended months ago
why does F17 still have grub2-2.0-0.38.beta6.fc17.x86_64?
1. There is no compelling reason to make that upgrade in f17. A few important changes has been backported.
2. The boot loader is a very critical component. An upgrade in a stable series is very risky.
3. It will be quite random which users actually get (or test) the new bootloader by running grub2-install and grub2-mkconfig manually.
1. GRUB2 repeatly freezed on my F17 systems by trying to change kernel-params
i never ever have seen this behavior before grub2
i do nbt know if grub2 final is fiying this random problems
but hey - a beta6 while a stbale version exists is the wrong way to go
2. it is not because if someone does not install it manually to the MBR
nothing is changed for most users
3. is the reason why 2. is not a problem
If you have a specific problem then please file a bug report.
and what did i made here?
well here we go if you need a addtional one: