Description of problem:
GParted is unable to extend size of Windows partition. Looks like something is mounting my partition during resize process.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
The one from Fedora 17 and 18 for sure. Probably earlier too.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Prepare a disk with NTFS partition on /dev/sda1, and some unused space between this partition and the next one. (in my case I used Paragon Hard Disk Manager to extend first partition at cost of second, but only shrinking of the second partition was done due to error)
2. Boot your installation of Fedora and launch GParted.
3. Umount partition using GParted or command line.
4. Use resize dialog in GParted to increase sda1 size.
5. Apply changes to your HDD.
Error message appears indicating that /dev/sda1 is mounted and should be treated with 'umount'.
The drive is properly resized.
I have /dev/sda1 added to fstab as /mnt/WindowsC. This directory exist, and Windows is being properly mounted after each boot.
Fedora was booted from the same disk.
On the step 5 I need to confirm the operation. umounting it manually before clicking OK button removes the issue, however another error appears later. It's extends the partition to desired size, but I had to use "ntfsresize /dev/sda1" manually to make this change visible in Windows explorer.
gparted-0.16.1-2.fc18 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 18.
gparted-0.16.1-2.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
gparted-0.16.1-1.fc17 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 17.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 18 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing gparted-0.16.1-2.fc18'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
gparted-0.16.1-1.fc17 has been pushed to the Fedora 17 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
gparted-0.16.1-2.fc18 has been pushed to the Fedora 18 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
gparted-0.16.1-2.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.