Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 867664
Manual Package installations?
Last modified: 2015-02-05 19:44:49 EST
2. Why customer using "RPM way" has to install any package manually?
- I mean packages (from IG requirements) like distcache, pcre, mod_auth_kerb, apr-devel
- Why these packages aren't only set as RPM dependency of some "main" package - package in jboss-ews2 comp-group
- or as second option they can be included in comp-group itself as it is e.g. mod_auth_kerb
- I think only one reasonable requirement for manual package installation can be by customer selection of wanted JDK provider
- I don't forget on ZIP installation as well. For ZIP these steps can be included inside IG for this type of installation only, can't be?
- I'm not sure about e.g. distcache, pcre - are these request to install still valid for EWS2?
I suspect this is not something I can fix until these packages are actually part of the RPMs and ZIPs.
I'm not sure any of these are actually fixed yet. Need to check with PM if this is even happening for subsequent releases.
Closing this bug for JWS3.0, I have already restructured the section.