Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 869467
Update information about upgrading from EWS1 to 2
Last modified: 2015-08-31 22:58:38 EDT
Currently, the docs state that an upgrade is not possible and instead, the user must uninstall EWS 1.x and install a fresh EWS 2.0. I am told Pavel followed this up and came to the following findings:
To Upgrade from EWS 1.x to 2.0:
1. Back up existing RPM installation, including any databases, applications, configuration files, etc.)
2. Unsubscribe from the EWS 1 channel (JBEWS 1 channel?)
3. Uninstall EWS 1.x packages.
4. Install EWS 2.0 packages.
5. Possibly apply old configs as saved in step 1 to 2.0? Is this desired/possible/supported? Checking with list.
6. Subscribe to the JBEWS 2.0 channel.
How about this in EWS 2.0.1 doc ?
Setting flags to scope this for 2.0.2
This is a duplicate and should be closed.
Closing this bug since it is a duplicate.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1010255 ***