Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 870431
Ticket Monster: generation of administration section doesn't work properly
Last modified: 2013-02-01 10:12:33 EST
I tried to generate administration section for Ticket Monster example. These are problems I have to cope with:
- that demo/*.patch files have hard-coded paths /demo/src/... but are inside demo directory, so the paths are not valid. I simply replace 'demo/' by './'
- the admin_layer_functional.patch rewrites the webapp/index.html which is wrong, it should only modify the webapp/admin/index.html I think. Furhermore the new index.xhtml redirects to desktop-index.xhtml and mobile-index.xhtml but these files don't exist.
- RichFaces and Errai are not compatible, modify pom.xml to use 12.0 version of com.google.guava:guava dependency. See: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=870349
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Ticket Monster example, version 2.1.0.ER2
The class org.jboss.jdf.example.ticketmonster.model.SectionAllocation has id of type long. This is ok for Forge 1.0.5.Final, but if using Forge 1.1.1.Final, this causes an compile error in generated class SectionAllocationBean. If id is of type Long (as in other classes), everything is OK.
1. The paths are generated by `git diff` and applied with `git apply` so they
should work. We need to investigate this.
2. THe admin_layer_functional.patch is correct in modifying webapp/index.html
because the latter is modified by Forge. However, the content of the patch is
As a matter of fact, the current patches are incorrect and will need to be
1. If you clone the git repository, the paths work because there is proper .git directory with git specific information. But if you remove this directory or use the productized example (from *-ticketmonster-demo.zip), the patches do not apply correctly.
Any progress on this issue?
To successfully generate the Administration section, one has to do following:
1. Remove the maven-building from admin_layer.fsh script
2. relativize all the paths in demo/patches/*.patch files. All paths have to start with "./src/"
3. Now the admin_layer.fsh is ready to be executed via forge console
4. You have to apply all the patches during first execution. Consecutive runs of admin_layer.fsh script cause that some of the files that need to be patched are modified in a way that patches cannot be applied anymore.
5. Modify the demo/pom.xml so the guava 12.0 version is used. Add following to dependencyManagement:
6. Build and deploy the example, Administration section should be in place and working.
These steps work for both 1.1.1.Final and 1.0.6.Final Forge versions.
Fixed in 2.0.5.Final tag (community). Guava issue fixed in enterprise
repository. We need to add a note for running the generation multiple times
(which is not necessary)
Currently generation works, but the results is still broken
Marius provided fixed forge admin patches, which seems work only on git repository enabled directory. So I added into ticket-monster maven build execution of "git init" and package that directory with ticket-monster-demo.zip.
Speaking about version it is 2.0.6.Final-redhat-1 and now WFK ticket-monster-demo.zip will contain zipped /jboss-wfk-2.1.0/demo/ticket-monster-2.0.6.Final-redhat-1-demo.zip, because assembly plugin filters the .git/ directory unexpectedly even it is setup to not exclude it (turned off default exclusion)
Verified in WFK 2.1.0.CR2.
Distributed as a part of WFK 2.1.0.GA release.