Description of problem:
Used openstack-demo-install to install Openstack Folsom all-in-one on both Fedora 17 and RHEL 6.3 + EPEL.
I found that some configurations are missing in the script itself. Those configurations are listed at:
They should be included in the script:
1. Adjust_qpidd_authentication: sed -i -e 's/auth=.*/auth=no/g' /etc/qpidd.conf
2. Disable mDNS: sed -i 's/#mdns_adv = 0/mdns_adv = 0/' /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
3. Setup DHCP control: That depands on the distro (RHEL 6.2 or 6.3)
4. Start support services: service messagebus start && sudo chkconfig messagebus on
Nice to have:
1. Set Openstack services to run on boot:
a. chkconfig openstack-keystone on
b. chkconfig openstack-glance-registry on
c. chkconfig openstack-glance-api on
d. chkconfig qpidd on
e. chkconfig libvirtd on
f. for srv in api cert network objectstore scheduler volume compute ; do sudo chkconfig openstack-nova-$srv on ; done
g. chkconfig httpd on
2. Setup VNC Consoles (install relevant RPMs and add lines to nova.conf)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Follow: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_EPEL
2. Check nova logs for Error (you'll see the AMQP error)
3. Run an instance and see you cannot use the VNC Console.
4. Reboot the host and check if the openstack services started on boot.
1. Openstack services (nova, glance, keystone etc..) won't run on boot.
2. ERROR in nova logs: ERROR nova.openstack.common.rpc.impl_qpid [-] Unable to connect to AMQP server: None(already open)
3. VNC Console doesn't work.
1. Openstack services should be expected to run on boot.
2. There should be no errors and nova (or any other) logs.
3. VNC console is a basic functionality and should work.
So I'm not sure about this.
The above documented issues are specific to RHEL, whereas openstack-demo-install is Fedora/RHEL agnostic. Also turning off qpid auto would be a dangerous thing to do automatically, so best done explicitly. One could view the documented RHEL tweaks as buglets, best not papered over by openstack-demo-install
So I've added these to openstack-demo-install
1. service messagebus start && chkconfig messagebus on
2. Configing novnc with settings from: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_EPEL#VNC_access
I've also just:
3. disabled qpid auth with a warning
4. avoided the libvirt avahi dependency issue
5. fixed tgtd integration on rhel
Releasing a new version momentarily
openstack-utils-2013.1-1.fc17 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 17.
openstack-utils-2013.1-1.fc18 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 18.
openstack-utils-2013.1-1.el6 has been submitted as an update for Fedora EPEL 6.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 18 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing openstack-utils-2013.1-1.fc18'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
openstack-utils-2013.1-1.fc17 has been pushed to the Fedora 17 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
openstack-utils-2013.1-1.el6 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 6 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
openstack-utils-2013.1-1.fc18 has been pushed to the Fedora 18 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.