Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 874795
FAQ TOCs do no render in PDFs. You get double headings.
Last modified: 2015-08-09 21:22:44 EDT
Description of problem:
If you use FAQs in your document, they display great in HTML.
However, in PDF you get double headings.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download https://github.com/jaredmorgs/USB_BT_Joystick_Center/tree/master/tmp/en-US/html-single
2. View how FAQs are handled in HTML. Note the TOCs render beautifully.
3. Now download https://github.com/jaredmorgs/USB_BT_Joystick_Center/blob/master/tmp/en-US/pdf/USB_BT_Joystick_Center-6-USB_BT_Joystick_Center-en-US.pdf (View Raw)
4. Note how there are double headings where the TOCs should be for each FAQ block.
No FAQ TOCs renders in the PDF.
FAQ TOCs render in the PDF as they do in the HTML build.
The PUG also has no TOC for it's FAQ section, yet it does in html (and looks great considering it is a rather long FAQ)
(In reply to comment #1)
> The PUG also has no TOC for it's FAQ section, yet it does in html (and looks
> great considering it is a rather long FAQ)
Yeah, so the difference is that your book has multiple <qandaset>s with individual titles, whereas the PUG has one large <qandaset> without a title.
This is something we missed in QA leading up to the 3.0 release; proposing for 3.1
Thanks for the catch!
To work around this, what I will do is to make a Main FAQ chapter like I have done, but put a <qandaset> without a title inside a <section> (with a title).
I will still have the benefit of a title for each Device or Controller, but without the double-title formatting.
When testing this bug, please use Git commit:
As discussed with rudi, disabled all DocBook generated TOCs in PDF.
This fix has been committed to the devel branch for inclusion in Publican 3.1.
Verify version: publican-3.1.0-0.el6eng.noarch --> PASS
1. Create a book with https://github.com/jaredmorgs/USB_BT_Joystick_Center/commit/43ba89d0705effc5917777703f9bcbce1c8766cf
2. Build the book with PDF format.
3. Check TOCs in FQA chapters.
There is no TOCs in PDF document, they are disabled.