It was decided to rewrite 'Host Deploy' from scratch as there were to many issues being reported about this component. These included:
- Too many bootstrap sequences (standard, node, registration).
- No pluggable (cluster).
- VDSM-bootstrap is part of VDSM package, however it is back-end tool.
- No manual invocation method.
- Logging is insufficient, example
- SSH timeout issues.
The new changes are:
- Host Deploy as standalone package.
- Lower cost of maintenance.
- Lower cost of integration.
- Flexible pluggable design.
- Two sequences:
* Host deploy
* Ovirt-node upgrade.
- Ovirt-node registration has no ovirt logic, just 'I'm here' notification.
- Establish a bidirectional channel between back-end and host.
* No iterative commands nor file transfers.
- Manual invocation support.
- Better timeout management.
- Better logging.
- Share code with engine-setup.