Description of problem:
When using the simple search field in the workspace, clearing that search again will drop you back at page 1 of the document. This search function needs to accomodate two different purposes though:
1) Finding a certain message within a document. It does that just fine.
2) Navigating to a certain position within a document (e.g. because that's a chapter I need to review during proofreading; there is a whole bunch of related messages I need to compare in context, etc.) The search function doesn't serve this purpose, as it will not drop you at the position of the search result you selected.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open a document with several pages
2. Use simple search bar at the top to search for a term that appears later in the document, hit Enter
3. Click on the desired message from the search result from the list
4. Clear the search at the top and hit Enter again
The workspace reloads and drops you at page 1 again
The message you selected from the search result should keep the focus and the workspace should drop you at the appropriate page of the document, showing you all messages before/after the selected one.
Current workaround is using the browsers search function Ctrl-F. But since changing the default view to only 5 messages per page this became impractical, too, for obvious reasons.
Sorry, default view is 10 messages per page. Doesn't change the above though.
committed into master:
VERIFIED with Zanata version 2.1-SNAPSHOT (20121205-0926)