Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 87929
up2date registration cannot using to an existing account: "problem registering username"
Last modified: 2013-08-22 11:14:19 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux ppc; en-US; rv:1.3) Gecko/20030318
Description of problem:
- Run up2date on a brand new system.
- Select "existing user", and provide username and password.
- Move through wizard steps, until up2date tries to connect to rhn for the first
- A popup window appears saying "problem with username".
- Sit back and wonder why on earth the lazy-ass programmer didn't mention WHAT
problem with the username.
- The account used has no free entitlements, which I assume is the problem, but
this should not prevent the registration procedure from completing, or from at
least a proper PARAGRAPH of explanatory text appearing saying exactly what is wrong.
- Did I mention that "problem with username" is one of the most STOOOPID error
messages I ever saw? (not as bad as "operation failed: success", but close).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
fixed in 3.1.24
tested it and now it gives a much better description.
Username 'sdfasdfas' has not been reserved
Error class code: 1
error class info: this does not appear to be a valid username.
*** Bug 963148 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***