Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 879542
Kernel panic occurs during auto installation if there were two PV existing
Last modified: 2013-02-28 11:45:58 EST
Description of problem:
Kernel panic occurs during auto installation if there were two PV existing.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RHEV-H on two pv(e.g. ata + usb).
2. Reboot host and enter boot media.
3. Auto install RHEV-H to ata(e.g. storage_init=/dev/sda firstboot).
1. Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
2. After step 2, TUI install can successful.
Auto install can successful without kernel panic.
No such issue in rhev-hypervisor6-6.3-20121121.0.el6_3 version, so it is a regression bug.
Created attachment 657889 [details]
Upload the kernel panic screenshot from serial console for you reference.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.