Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 87962
Redhat 9 redhat-config-date only allows 1 step-ticker
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:52:45 EDT
Description of problem:
In both Redhat 8 and 9, if I have 2+ lines in /etc/ntp/step-tickers and run
redhat-config-date, after exiting /etc/ntp/step-tickers will only have 1 server
listed. This is annoying for us laptop people who want 1 step-ticker for home
and 1 for work...
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Edit /etc/ntp/step-tickers, add additional servers
2. Right click on clock, pick Adjust Time & Date
3. Pick a server off the list
4. Click OK.
5. After it says "contacting NTP server", click OK.
6. Note that /etc/ntp/step-tickers now has only 1 line in it
The tool is only designed to configure one NTP server. It's designed to be a
really easy way for people to specify an time server without getting into the
details of NTP, so there are many NTP capabilities that redhat-config-date
doesn't allow the user to do in the interface.
If you really need to configure multiple servers, I would suggest configuring
the config files by hand and not using redhat-config-date.