Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 881063
gnome-shell-extension-native-window-placement crashes the shell a lot (appears fixed upstream)
Last modified: 2013-01-11 19:46:44 EST
Description of problem:
Basically with this extension installed via yum, if the screen locks for any reason, the next time the user tries to access the overview, that crash will occur.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install gnome-shell-extension-native-window-placement
2. Lock the screen or suspend or wait for the timeout to lock it
3. Unlock and try to access the overview (by pressing 'Activities' or moving the mouse pointer to the hot corner, or any of the keyboard combinations.
The screen freezes for a few seconds, the shell hangs, then recovers with an abrt alert
The overview shows up as normal
Installing from https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/18/native-window-placement/ fixes this problem. There's some discussion about it in the comments there, and it was fixed, so I'd guess that an update to the fedora package should also fix this.
gnome-shell-extensions-3.6.2-1.fc18 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 18.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 18 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing gnome-shell-extensions-3.6.2-1.fc18'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
gnome-shell-extensions-3.6.2-1.fc18 has been pushed to the Fedora 18 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.