Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 881588
[de_DE][SAM Web GUI] - On the Add Permission page, the Text of the corresponding level going out of its boundary
Last modified: 2014-09-18 12:47:44 EDT
Created attachment 654022 [details]
screen shot for de_DE role permission text not fitting.
Description of problem:
in de_DE locale (German), on the Add Permission page, the Name of the Organization is going out of the level boundary, when the Organization name is a little big. I think, if we can make the level property a little dynamic with the length of the text entered, it should be ok because, many translated strings are long and already occupy the place, and along with those, if Org name also contains big strings, in that case, level property should be dynamic. Screen shot attached.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Subscription Asset Manager Version: 1.2.5-1h.el6_3
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login in SAM GUI, with Admin rights
2. Click on Roles, Administrator --> Roles
3. Create a New Role, clicking on the +New Role link
4. The page appears, soon after the new role created, Click on Permissions
5. From the Organizations List, Select an org, having a big name as shown in
the screen shot (ACME_Corporation)
6. Scroll down the page and click on Add Permission
7. Look at the Text " Add permission to <Organization_Name>
The Organization name is cutting from the end, due to the long translated strings that occupied most of the level space.
It should be fitted fully in the level boundary to enter texts.
Additional info: Screen shot attached.
Confirmed for de-DE.
Unable to shorten the translation though, needs different solution.
present in CFSE
This bug was closed because of a lack of activity. If you feel this bug should be reconsidered for attention please feel free to re-open the bug with a comment stating why it should be reconsidered.