Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 88251
IndexError: list index out of range (Python related)
Last modified: 2006-02-21 13:52:33 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20030225
Description of problem:
[root@posjo01 root]# redhat-config-samba
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/redhat-config-samba/redhat-config-samba.py", line 20, in ?
File "/usr/share/redhat-config-samba/mainWindow.py", line 114, in __init__
self.propertiesMenu = self.actionMenu.get_children()
IndexError: list index out of range
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. type "redhat-config-samba" in a terminal
Actual Results: The error shown above
Expected Results: The redhat-config-samba tool should have popup'd ?
I made 4 installations of the RedHat 9, all with the french environment (language).
3 upgrades from RH8, 1 clean install, and each time, the same error (on
I've got the same problem, running with RedHat 9.0 using french version at
installation. maybe there is a problem with the localisation (for example an
array isn't initialized), check when "self.actionMenu" gets his children and if
they are set in the french config localisation.
Else why can't we use swat ?? the config file doesn't appears in /etc/xinetd.d/
even when it's manually installed (form the cd > swat-x > install) ? the install
runs normally but the service file doesn't appears.
I'm also experiencing the same problem when starting redhat-config-samba, with a
French installation. As it seems to be a language-related bug, I'll try using US
locale next week...
It works very well if I do a "export LC_ALL=en_US" before running
In response to #3 : yes, you don't even need to change the whole system language
for it to run properly, a simple
# lang=en_US redhat-config-samba
works for this one without changing durably anything.
This bug is a duplicate of bug #85877 and has already been fixed. Thanks for
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 85877 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.