Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 882770
RFE: Filter translation units by multiple fields in the editor.
Last modified: 2016-01-28 16:56:04 EST
Description of problem:
When you are within a certain project -> version -> document within Zanata, and you would like to filter the page so it will display only part of the strings, you cannot filter according to the resource-ID of the strings that you would like to see - only according to the value (English strings).
Please add an ability to search string(s) within a document according to resource-ID.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Zanata version 2.0.2 (20121030-2357)
Please add this option also to project-wide S&R.
Search by resource ID is particularly useful in software translation.
Without this, I have to look into each string, which takes too long.
# Filter text flows by resid, date and other metadata
Filtering multiple fields with autocomplete, similar to how gmail and zimbra search work.
- focus on empty search field
- dropdown shows all the available search fields (see "fields" under "Scope:" below)
- type "last"
- dropdown shows ["last-modified-after:", "last-modified-before:", "last-modified-by:"], the first is highlighted
- type <down><down>
- "last-modified-by:" is highlighted in dropdown
- type <Enter>
- search field has "last-modified-by: " and cursor is at the end of the field
- type a username and press <Enter>
- editor shows only text flows that were last edited by the specified user, or a message that the username is not recognized (possibly showing similar usernames that will run a search for last-modified-by that username when they are clicked)
- this is just filtering text flows in the editor
- number of fields that a user can choose from to search: multiple
- number of fields that a user can search by in a single query: multiple
- autocomplete: tags (e.g. "last-modified-by:")
- field names hyphenated (no spaces)
- text that comes before any field names is treated as source-or-target content
text: (source or target content, same as we search now)
resource-id: (exact resource id)
last-modified-by: (exact username)
## Technical notes
- Want to keep it being backed by database search to avoid adding a lot of hibernate search indexing.
- Criteria queries could probably be used to deal with the complexity of backend queries that can have an arbitrary number of fields.
Tested with Zanata 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT (git-server-3.3.1-287-gfefe620)
The results are given in https://github.com/zanata/zanata-server/pull/426
Date format should be ISO 8601 i.e. yyyy-mm-dd