Version-Release number of selected component:
var_log_messages: Dec 14 13:41:21 secondhost abrt: Saved core dump of pid 1302 (/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd) to /var/spool/abrt/ccpp-2012-12-14-13:41:21-1302 (15290368 bytes)
Thread no. 1 (10 frames)
#43 exit at exit.c:100
#44 qt_xio_errhandler at kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp:772
#45 KApplication::xioErrhandler at /usr/src/debug/kdelibs-4.9.3/kdeui/kernel/kapplication.cpp:419
#46 _XIOError at XlibInt.c:1618
#47 _XEventsQueued at xcb_io.c:365
#48 XEventsQueued at Pending.c:43
#49 x11EventSourceCheck at kernel/qguieventdispatcher_glib.cpp:85
#50 g_main_context_check at gmain.c:3023
#52 g_main_context_iteration at gmain.c:3207
#53 QEventDispatcherGlib::processEvents at kernel/qeventdispatcher_glib.cpp:424
Created attachment 663464 [details]
Created attachment 663465 [details]
Created attachment 663466 [details]
Created attachment 663467 [details]
Created attachment 663468 [details]
Created attachment 663469 [details]
Created attachment 663470 [details]
Created attachment 663471 [details]
Created attachment 663472 [details]
Created attachment 663473 [details]
Created attachment 663474 [details]
*** Bug 928315 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Bumping Version, still happens in F18, see duplicate.
Yo, in the duplicate bug I submitted last night (Bug 928315), basically what was happening was this;
1. I install the nVidia proprietry drivers (through rpmfusion)
2. GLX was not starting up properly
I figured out that the reason is, xorg 1.13 somehow overrides nvidia's libglx.so and/or the driver doesn't symlink it properly or something to that regard. Because GLX isn't running properly, it seems to cause applications that use it (like chrome presumably) to crash kactivitymanager.
The solution for me was simply to symlink nvidia's version of libglx (for me /usr/lib64/nvidia/xorg/libglx.so) to the one xorg was loading at startup (/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so - which I renamed beforehand). After doing that, the correct libglx.so was used, and GLX started up properly.
This solved all of my problems regarding this issue.
Hope this helps.
This message is a reminder that Fedora 18 is nearing its end of life.
Approximately 4 (four) weeks from now Fedora will stop maintaining
and issuing updates for Fedora 18. It is Fedora's policy to close all
bug reports from releases that are no longer maintained. At that time
this bug will be closed as WONTFIX if it remains open with a Fedora
'version' of '18'.
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 18's end of life.
Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that we may not be
able to fix it before Fedora 18 is end of life. If you would still like
to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it against a later version
of Fedora, you are encouraged change the 'version' to a later Fedora
version prior to Fedora 18's end of life.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.
Fedora 18 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2014-01-14. Fedora 18 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version. If you
are unable to reopen this bug, please file a new report against the
current release. If you experience problems, please add a comment to this
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.