Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 88941
Merge changes from Red Hat CMS
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:53:04 EDT
We should take a close look at the code written for RHCMS and decide what, if
anything, should be merged.
From Scott Seago:
Modifications which may be appropriate for core/cms
1) Created com.arsdigita.bebop.form.Button class: Generates an html input
type=button (as opposed to type=submit). Not clear if this component
has the same effect as creating a button.
2) com.arsdigita.bebop.Paginator: access method for the Page Num
selection model with getPageNumSelectionModel()
This would be a useful alternative to the basic bebop date class,
4) Misc. bebop components BodyAttributes, DynamicallyPrintable,
5) Folder index item UI: already integrated
6) For /content/admin/item.jsp, redirect to login if the user is not
logged in rather than throwing AccessDenied. This would be useful
for cms checkin unless this code on the trunk has already been
refactored to the point of this functionality no longer being
7) SortableDomainObjectPropertySheet: alternative to the exising
DomainObjectPropertySheet component that allows sort keys to be
added when adding components -- this allows subclasses to add items
to arbitrary locations rather than just at the end.
8) added workflow task sort key to prevent item workflow steps from
appearing out of order. I'm not sure if this is still a problem on
the trunk or not.
9) Fixed a bug with renaming folders to make sure both live and draft
folders were renamed at the same time. Not sure if this is still a
problem on the trunk.
10) Modified publishing code to allow scheduled republishing. This was
a fairly major modification which was never pulled back onto the
trunk, as there were several requirements disagreements as to how
this should really be done. This code will not be used in
subsequent CMS releases -- however the RHCMS use cases have been
considered in the ongoing CMS publishing/versioning redesign
11) Various MetaForm modifications/enhancements to deal with specific
RHCMS authoring kit use cases. I'm not sure if this sort of thing
would be appropriate as-is for checkin on the trunk
12) Picklist object types, classes, and UI: Developed a general
framework for handling simple picklists of strings. This might be
generally useful for other projects.
13) Link class for managing links from content items to either other
content items or external sites. Has already been refactored along
with DP link functionality into the content-types package for a
new Link content type.
14) UI for item-item association searching. Has already been
refactored and integrated into the trunk.
15) Enhanced UI for handling folder permissions so that customizing
doesn't lose the initial defaults. this has already been integrated.
16) Modified /permissions UI to allow granting of site-wide admin
permissions. Some variant of this would be appropriate to check
in, but the RHCMS implementation was done more as a one-off and
would need a better redesign for checking into the trunk.
17) Workflow notifications and folder-based workflow watches
implemented. I think some variant of this functionality has
already been added to cms.
18) "Publish all" functionality which publishes all items within a
folder or subfolders without regard to workflow. This is probably
not a desirable feature to add by default, although there has been
at least one request for this feature apart from redhat.com
Closing old tickets