Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 88975
latest qla2x00 drivers are 6.04.00
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:06:52 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 Galeon/1.2.6 (X11; Linux i686; U;) Gecko/20020913
Description of problem:
latest QLogic HBA driver which has undergone EMC qualification for
CLARiiON and Symmetrix are: qla2x00src-v6.04.00-emc.tgz
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
we include something very close to that (which was the latest released at the
time of the update)
more or less close in time, but there are lot of changes.
It would be nice too to update aic7xxx to 6.2.32
* QLogic ISP2200 and ISP2300 Linux Driver Revision List File.
* Revision History
* Rev 6.04.00 January 20, 2003 RA
* - Formal release to Compaq
* Rev 6.04.00b8 January 16, 2003 RA/DG/AV
* - Use proper compiler flags when built with later GCC
* versions (3.x).
* - Rewrite initiator handling code:
* - Use linked lists rather than a fixed-size array.
* - Properly logout of intiator devices if found to be lost.
* - Changes in qla2x00.c and qla2x00_ioctl.c.
* - Fix lun suspension logic:
* - Remove code in qla2x00_lun_alloc() which incorrectly
* trashes a lun queue's q_count and q_max members.
* - Properly move from a lun_queue NOT-ready state to a
* ready state when a command successfully completes in
* - Add 'delay' logic to handle throttling scenario required
* during a failback operation.
* - Return a byte statistical quantity not mega-bytes in
* qla2x00_get_(fc_)statistics() -- this change did not go
* into 6.03.00b6 as indicated by the release notes.
* - Handle a SCSI_DATA_NONE data direction for a SCSI command.
* Rev 6.04.00b7 Jan. 10 2003 DG/RA
* - Added VMWARE support.
* - fixed the bus reset and host reset when issued through
* the backdoor by not waiting for commands which we dont own.
* Rev 6.04.00b6 Jan. 8 2003 DG/RA
* - Fixed hardware_lock hierarchy in qla2x00_cmd_timeout
* routine to fix deadlock with interrupt handler.
* Rev 6.04.00b5 Jan. 8 2003 DG/AV
* - Fix incorrect sizing of mbx_cmd_flags in structure
* scsi_qla_host since bit-operators function on unsigned
* long variables - in qla2x00.c.
* Rev 6.04.00b4 December 19, 2002 RL/RA/DG/AV
* - Increase IOCTL-passthru command timeout value (30->60).
* - Update local definition of pci_set_dma_mask() to take an
* u64 type rather than an dma_addr_t.
* - Fix qla2100_nvram_config() to set the high-water IOCB limit
* while configuring an QLA2100 HBA.
* - Fixed potential panic in qla2x00_failback_luns() routine -
* dereference a NULL fclun.
* Rev 6.04.00b3 December 06, 2002 AV
* - Fix binding algorithm in qla2x00_cfg_build_path_tree() to
* support sparse targetIDs.
* - Extend maximum number of failover paths to eight.
* Rev 6.04.00b2 November 27, 2002 DG/RA/AV
* - Pass portID information up to FO_CC_GET_TARGET_DATA ioctl
* - Add support for PortID persistent binding:
* - Module parameter name: Bind
* o 0 by Portname (default)
* o 1 by PortID
* o 2 by Nodename
* - Default behaviour is to bind by Portname.
* - Update qla2x00_display_fc_names() to support new binding
* methods -- varies by Bind type.
* - Large #defing usage cleanup to more flexible module
* - Use various PCI/SCSI/endianess macros defined by the kernel
* to reduce duplication.
* - Streamline qla2x00_response_packet():
* - Reduce multiple Register I/O writes to just one after
* ring processing.
* - Cleanup qla2x00_status_entry():
* - Move common cases to the top of the switch statement
* (CS_COMPLETE and CS_DATA_UNDERRUN).
* - Refine data underrun handling, since it appears the
* mid-layer underflow structure member for SCSI commands is
* not consistently populated by the various upper-layers.
* - Cleanup qla2x00_error_entry() to use pre-defined
* descriptive values while interrogating a packet's
* entry_status rather than raw BIT_* defines.
* - Maintain 'RLC supported' state for an fcport, to limit
* extraneous RLC commands.
* - Initial qla2x00_isr() sanitization -- formating and
* - In qla2x00_queuecommand(), return a command immediately, if
* the port is found to be DEAD.
* - Fix a dead-lock (logic) problem in
* qla2x00_mailbox_command() where the code would attempt to
* acquire a lock which had never been released.
* - Add support for status continuation IOCB entries (extended
* sense data).
* - During loop transition, report back successfully completed
* commands rather than blindly retry --
* - Export ql2xretrycount as a module parameter. Default value
* in non-failover mode is 20, in failover mode, 30.
* - Update Makefile to use 'install' rather than 'cp' as to
* preserve uid/gid (Austin Gonyou).
* - Consolidate duplicate code to set DMA mask --
* - Fix copy-error in qla2x00_send_fo_notification() where the
* SCSI CDB would not be populated with the proper
* notification CDB.
* - In qla2x00_proc_info(), do not clear our buffer in case
* another application is using it.
* - Export a MODULE parameter, ql2xfailover, to allow failover
* to be configured in at load time.
* NOTE: Default behaviour is still based on the
* compile-time option MPIO_SUPPORT.
* - Add additional checks to ensure that the DPC routine has
* already been created before trying to 'wake' it up.
* - Add new 2300 IP/TP firmware (3.01.18).
* Rev 6.04.00b1 November 4, 2002 DG
* - Fixed ISP abort retry logic to retry the abort_ISP().
* - Fixed port login logic to retry the login on ports that are
* marked DEAD.
* - Fixed issue of not loging in after loop is down for more than
* 4 mins.
for reference, latest qlogic driver lives at :