Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 890800
[RHEVM-CLI]: adding to help message location of .rhevmshellrc and help for it
Last modified: 2016-02-10 14:02:18 EST
For now user cannot know what is the name and path of cli configuration file.
It will ease user's life to add it to rhevm-shell basic help (rhevm-shell -h).
Also it could be useful to add short description of it to help message.
*** Bug 890802 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
added under main help in shell, dan please document it in cli guide as well.
[imeerovi@imeerovi ART]$ /usr/bin/rhevm-shell -c --url=https://leonid_rhevm.qa.lab.tlv.redhat.com:443/api/ -u admin@internal -I
>>> connected to RHEVM manager 18.104.22.168 <<<
Welcome to RHEVM shell
[RHEVM shell (connected)]# help
Welcome to RHEVM-shell. This program is an interactive command-line
interface into RHEVM Virtualization. You can type any command in
the interface below.
* action execute an action on an object
* add creates a new object or adds existent
* clear clear the screen
* connect connect to a oVirt manager
* console open a console to a VM
* disconnect disconnect from oVirt manager
* exit quit this interactive terminal
* help show help
* history displaying commands history
* info shows environment and application components info
* list list or search objects
* ping test the connection
* remove removes an object
* show show one object
* status shows status and connection info
* update update an object
Type 'help <command>' for any of these commands to show detailed help.
The first command you probably want to issue is 'help connect' to
learn how to connect to a oVirt manager.
The general format for each command is:
help <command> <command attributes> [command options]
If arguments contain spaces or other reserved characters, you need to
quote them. You can use single (') and double (") quotes for this. The
difference between single and double quotes is that within single
quotes you can't use any single quotes, while in double quotes you can
use a double quote provided that you escape it with backslash ('\').
Options are always in the long form: --option [value]. The value can
be optional or mandatory, depending on the command, see command help
In addition to the basic command form, the following functionality is
* You can use the '<', '<<', '>' and '>>' characters to perform
shell-like redirections to files in the file system.
* The output of any command can be piped to a shell command with
the '|' character.
* Shell commands can be executed by typing a '!' or 'shell' at the
beginning of a line.
* Comments start with '#' and end at the end of a line.
See 'SUPPORTED HELP FORMATS' section under each command help.
RHEVM-Shell can be configured with configuration file, configuration file
( ~/.rhevmshellrc) automatically created under your home directory (if not exist)
during the first shell execution.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.