Description of problem:
Update of mysql requires perl-DBD-MySQL
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
mysql version 220.127.116.11, installed by upgrade to 8.0, was updated to 3.23.54a-4
rpm -Fvh * in i386 directory of an exact mirror of updates.redhat.com. These
packages where installed and updated:
perl-DBD-MySQL was not installed in the system
Steps to Reproduce:
RPM complains mysql requires perl-DBD-MySQL
Packages weren't updated.
Packages should be updated... I assume perl-DBD-MySQL should require mysql, and
not the other way round.
After installing perl-DBD-MySQL 2.1017-3 from 8.0 CDset, everything worked fine.
Trond changed in 3.23.50-2 to fix bug 66349. mysqlhotcopy (contained in the
mysql package) requires both of these packages at run-time. From the
* Mon Jun 10 2002 Trond Eivind GlomsrÃ¸d <firstname.lastname@example.org> 3.23.50-2
- Add dependency on perl-DBI and perl-DBD-MySQL (#66349)
However, you mention something interesting. Version 3.23.52-3, which was the
base RHL 8.0 version, also contains these requirements. From the mysql.spec
file of 3.23.52-3:
Requires: perl-DBI, perl-DBD-MySQL
So, this requirement was in RHL 8.0 from the beginning. Did you upgrade from
Well then, there was something wrong with dependency checking when upgrading...
Yes, I upgraded from 7.3+all-updates-to-date to 8.0, and then applied all
updates for 8.0.
Possibly. It looks as though the mysql package was not upgraded when moving to
RHL 8.0. Did you upgrade using the "installation upgrade" option in the RHL 8.0
"Installation upgrade" is the option that installs the packages that would
otherwise be updated? I'm not sure about the name. If yes, then I did not use
it. I just did a plain-old-update.
BTW, my installation crashed in the post-upgrade phase, but I have a corrupt
anaconda-core. I don't believe that dependencies would fail in that phase
though. If I have the time to repair the core, maybe I'll file another bug... ;-)
A post-upgrade crash, while being a bummer, would have no bearing in this matter.
All I can tell you is that the perl-DBD-MySQL package is now required by the
mysql package. I just tried reproducing this using RHL 7.3 and upgrading to 8.0
using the installer and did not receive an error.
I'm glad to see that you installed the perl-DBD-MySQL package and, hopefully,
now have mysql up and running.