Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 89452
Keyboard layout changes (eg. Caps->Ctrl) reset after logout
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:38:05 EDT
Description of problem:
The effect of Xkb options set in the Keyboard layout dialog
don't persist after logout.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
3.1-10 Red Hat (Using KDE 3.1-10 RedHat)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open kpanel, "Regional & Accessibility", "Keyboard Layout", "Options"
2. Set "Control Key Position" to "Make CapsLock an additional Control".
3. Confirm Caps key is indeed another control key.
4. Logout or kill X.
6. Caps key will have reverted to a Caps key.
7. kpanel will however still show the "Make CapsLock an additional Control"
CapsLock key reverts to being caps.
CapsLock should respect the settings made in the kcontrol dialog.
Closing bugs for old packages that have no maintainer.