Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 895066
vlock doesn't accept root password
Last modified: 2017-09-14 07:26:41 EDT
Description of problem:
vlock doesn't unlock the console with root password, only user password
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. lock a console using vlock as an user
2. when prompted, enter wrong or blank user's password
3. vlock then asks for root password, enter the correct one
console stays locked, vlock outputs a "wrong password" message
console should be unlocked
- if you use vlock when logged in as root, it asks for the root password twice. In this case it works, vlock accepts the second password even if the first one was incorrect.
- the same problem exists on fedora 17: vlock-1.3-31.fc17
The same problem exists in Fedora 18 (vlock-1.3-33.fc18)
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for
inclusion in the current release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Because the affected component is not scheduled to be updated
in the current release, Red Hat is unable to address this
request at this time.
Red Hat invites you to ask your support representative to
propose this request, if appropriate, in the next release of
Red Hat Enterprise Linux.