Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 895862
failed update for fc18
Last modified: 2013-01-23 22:07:02 EST
Description of problem:
ran fedup and system unusable due to failures to install
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
one of one installations
Steps to Reproduce:
1. run fedup against dvd-iso
2. system hung during boot
3. reboot with option single
4. at command prompt run "yum update"
5. system broken at logon screen, remote ssh available
6. run "yum --nopgpcheck update"
7. 836 packages updated
8. system broken at logon screen, remote ssh available
9. manually check packages and need to do
yum remove <package>
yum install <package>
as yum update <package> does not work
system should upgrade from fc17 to fc18 without error
list of files
Created attachment 679394 [details]
output of # rpm -qa | grep fc17
list of files not upgraded
This is due to a broken upgrade path for KDE packages in F18. See bug 888085 for details about that.
The general problem is that fedup doesn't install packages from the media if your system already has newer versions of those packages.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 892061 ***