From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR
Description of problem:
password change prevents ssh login
More info here would simply be repetition of info below.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create new account with some password.
2. Log in as that user via ssh.
3. Run passwd and change password to something else.
4. Try sshing in as that user with either new or old passwords.
5. Try loging into machine from console.
sshing in with either old or new password fails
console login works
both ssh and console login should work
This is really strange behaviour which I can't reproduce on recent Fedora/RHEL
distributions and there is not enough info in it.
Reopen if still happens for you with the latest FC/RHEL distribution.