Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 90129
initscripts-7.14.1.i386.rpm is not in the FTP area
Last modified: 2014-03-16 22:36:05 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20030225
Description of problem:
I just rev'ed up my systems to Red Hat 9 ($39 version bought at a
COMPUsa), and noticed on each of the systems updated, it says that
initscripts-7.13.1.i386.rpm was out of date, and should be replaced
with initscripts-7.14.1.i386.rpm. However, the ftp update area
ftp.redhat.com:/pub/redhat/linux/updates/9/en/os does not include this
RPM file in the distribution. The ftp area should have a copy of ALL
of the changes, and not skip a file.
I use the ftp area rather than up2date since I can do the downloading
at night via a cron job, or via the laptop when I'm at a place with
more bandwidth. Also for multiple systems, I only have to do the
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install a new Red Hat 9 system from the $39 set of CDs
2. Register the system with up2date or rhn_register.
3. Run up2date to see what is out of date.
4. initscripts-7.14.1.i386.rpm should be indicated as out of date.
5. Ftp to ftp.redhat.com:/pub/redhat/linux/updates/9/en/os/i386.
6. Do dir init*
7. initscripts is not in the release area.
8. Do up2date and see that up2date can download the file.
Actual Results: initscripts-7.14.1.i386.rpm is missing.
Expected Results: I expect all of the updates to be in the FTP area.
Fixed, thanks for the reminder.