Created attachment 692283 [details]
nagios config file changes
Description of problem:
Please prepare the default nagios config files for easier
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Good idea, but it will be better to add:
into nagios.conf and then I can add these commands directly to pnp4nagios package. Then no need to configure anything in nagios.conf.
Boys, what do you think?
This would be even better, but then these items should be
removed from the default nagios.cfg, so there is no confusion
on where they get set.
Florian La Roche
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 19 development cycle.
Changing version to '19'.
(As we did not run this process for some time, it could affect also pre-Fedora 19 development
cycle bugs. We are very sorry. It will help us with cleanup during Fedora 19 End Of Life. Thank you.)
More information and reason for this action is here:
Just started looking into this again:
* nagios has been adding an unowned /etc/nagios/conf.d directory for quite
a few years. Relevant changelog entries:
* Tue Jul 10 2008 Robert M. Albrecht <email@example.com> 3.0.3-6
- disabled conf.d in nagios.conf for now
* Tue Jul 01 2008 Robert M. Albrecht <firstname.lastname@example.org> 3.0.3-3
- Added Apache style conf.d
- Added a working example config named internet.cfg
- The object folder was created twice
* $ rpm -qpl nagios-3.2.3-10.fc15.i686.rpm | grep /etc/nagios/conf.d
* $ rpm -qf /etc/nagios/conf.d
file /etc/nagios/conf.d is not owned by any package
$ rpm -qf /etc/nagios/conf.d/internet.cfg
I'm planning to reinstat the /etc/nagios/conf.d configuration directory in the next nagios build (most likely nagios-3.5.0-3).
* make the nagios package own the /etc/nagios/conf.d directory
* add cfg_dir=/etc/nagios/conf.d to the main nagios configuration file
* ship the internet.cfg file as documentation (instead of placing it
Does anyone has reservations about the above plan?
> Does anyone has reservations about the above plan?
Thanks. I think I can use this feature in pnp4nagios only in fedora 19 and higher.
Sounds good. Looking forward to newer nagios rpms.
Florian La Roche
nagios-3.5.0-3.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
nagios-3.5.0-3.fc18 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 18.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 19 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing nagios-3.5.0-3.fc19'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
I assume this report is true for F18-F19, while EL5-EL6 do still ships Nagios configurations files on /etc/nagios/objects. Is there a plan to update the path on EPEL too? otherwise I can just add a switch between the two.
(In reply to comment #11)
> I assume this report is true for F18-F19, while EL5-EL6 do still ships
> Nagios configurations files on /etc/nagios/objects. Is there a plan to
> update the path on EPEL too? otherwise I can just add a switch between the
I reinstated support for the /etc/nagios/conf.d directory (see comment 5) in Fedora >= 18 and EPEL >= 6 (basically this change will only be available in the nagios 3.5.0 RPMS). I've no plans in backporting it to EPEL5 (nagios 2.12 is to old).
PS - You can track the EPEL6 RPMS (and give it karma points) here:
nagios-3.5.0-3.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
nagios-3.5.0-3.fc18 has been pushed to the Fedora 18 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.