From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)
Description of problem:
I have just updated from 8.0 to 9.0. I have 4 systems with one monitor that
corrects the systems through a KVM switch that is used to go to each system as
needed. This setup worked well with the 8.0 version, but will not work with
the 9.0 version. Here is what happens: after the systems are up and you
switch between any two of them the mouse will NOT work. Everything else works
find but the drive for the mouse has something wrong with it. If their is some
thing that can be set on my side to fix this please let me know. I think the
driver has the problem through.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Have mult. systems
2.use one monitor
3.KVM switch(Data Transfer Switch)
the system were setup normally, this happens when all systems are login to some
account and is switch from one system to another - it happen everytime.
Actual Results: The mouse is not usable at all, thus thw system is not usable.
Expected Results: You should be able to switch between any systems at
anytime. This could be done while I used the 8.0 version of your system.
My guess is that the new version of XFree86 that shipped in RHL 9 may have
changed the way that it handles KVMs. Many KVMs are notorious for using
nonstandard ways of repeating the mouse input signals, but your case is a little
strange in that it worked with 8.0 but not with 9.
I'm transferring this bug to XFree86 and see if Mike has any input here.
XFree86 doesn't handle KVMs. From an electronic or mechanical standpoint,
a KVM basically unplugs the mouse and plugs it into another computer. The
mechanical ones are horrible as hell and can even fry the hardware. The
electronic ones vary greatly in how they handle the electronic switching,
and how they handle the connections to the other computers that are also
plugged in, including how they repeat the signals as Brent suggests.
KVMs are totally unsupported, even if they just happened to luckily work
in a previous release, they're still unsupported.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 89948 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.