Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 907465
engine: zombie tasks are not cleared when we cannot find master domain
Last modified: 2016-02-10 14:40:59 EST
Created attachment 692720 [details]
Description of problem:
I had some tasks that became zombies and I moved my host to a different DC.
the tasks, although zombie, could not be cleaned until I reconnected the pool about a week later.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. run several live storage migration tasks and restart vdsm
2. put host in maintenance
3. create a new pool with the same host
4. wait for the tasks to become zombie tasks
engine fails to clean the zombie tasks if we cannot find master domain
we should be able to clean the tasks from the db since the tasks are already zombie tasks.
Additional info: logs
The problem is that when we reach a zombi state, we should not depend on whether there is an active SPM for clearing this task because:
- it should be cleaned ... too old
- in case no spm exist .. those tasks will not appear in it's task list there
for no cancel task API will be used.
verified on sf13.1
I had zombie tasks and they were cleaned after 50 hours even after I changed the DC.
no errors in the engine log.
3.2 has been released