Created attachment 696454 [details]
Description of problem:
I rcreate a vm with 3 disks located on different domains.
I deactivated two fo the domains and deactivated the disks -> ran the vm
when the vm was up I tried to activate the disks.
1. engine is not blocking the action (even throgh the domains are marked as inactive in db)
2. we are getting an unexpected exception in engine log even though the vdsm is reporting that the volume does not exist.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create an iscsi pool with 3 domains.
2. create a vm with 3 disks -> 1 on each domain
3. put 2 out of the 3 domains in mainetnance and deactivate the disks which are located on these doamins
4. run the vm -> try to activate the disks
event log is reporting that the action failed
engine log is reporting "unexpected exception"
vdsm log is reporting that the volume does not exist
1. we should run a query on db to see if the domain is active and if not fail the activate in backend.
2. we should report the correct error from vdsm and not "unexpected exception" in the log
Additional info: logs
CDA for activating a disk on an inactive storage domain is fixed at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/969767
Regarding to the unexpected exception (Which should not occur now after the fix for BZ969767) this should be fixed as part of https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1037441
I'm getting a CanDoAction failure when trying to hotplug disks of an inactive domains to running vm.
2014-02-17 10:12:06,494 WARN [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.HotPlugDiskToVmCommand] (ajp--127.0.0.1-8702-10) [5858b3fe] CanDoAction of action HotPlugDiskToVm failed. Reasons:VAR__ACTION__HOT_PLUG,VAR__TYPE__VM_DISK,A
Verified on ovirt-engine-3.4.0-0.7.beta2.el6.noarch
Closing as part of 3.4.0