Description of problem:
latest rhc is creating express.conf (for new users) with double quoted values. Especially libra_server is breaking existing (Eclipse) JBoss Tools use, since it cannot handle this change in the configuration format (it can only handle either single quoted or non-quoted values).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. ASSERT: have a system without any express.conf files
2. EXEC: eventually install rhc to it, run initial setup and get /etc/openshift/express.conf created
3. ASSERT: check libra_server= and make sure it contains "openshift.redhat.com" with double quotes
4. install JBoss Developer Studio and launch "File->New->Other->OpenShift Application
5. Fill in your credentials and try to connect to OpenShift
It will always tell you that your credentials are invalid
It should be able to connect to OpenShift using your valid credentials
JBoss Tools (JBDS) is reading express.conf but cannot handle the double quoted host name. It'll therefore try to connect to the double quoted host name which of course fails. JBT will then report invalid credentials whereas it should tell you that it failed to connect to the libra_server.
Reverting to no quotes. express.conf is now considered a public API to openshift and will not be changed with backwards compatibility. It may be moved in the future, at which point express.conf will no longer be updated.
This will be pushed to stage as a hotfix tomorrow.
verified this using rhc-1.4.8 on staging
Steps to reproduce -
1. On a system w/o express.conf installed rhc-1.4.8
2. Run rhc setup
3. Check the ~/openshift/express.conf.
# The OpenShift server to connect to
# Your OpenShift login name
# The default timeout for network operations
# If true, certificate errors will be ignored.
# WARNING: This may allow others to eavesdrop on your communication with OpenShift.
# The SSL protocol version to use when connecting to this server
# A client certificate file for use with your server
# A file containing CA one or more certificates
4. Open Jboss studio
5. Go to File/New/OpenShiftApplication and create new app
Credentials worked. Tried it against stg.openshift.com and openshift.com
Commit pushed to master at https://github.com/openshift/rhc
Bug 910442 - Write config file without quotes
Stefan Bunciak <firstname.lastname@example.org> updated the status of jira JBIDE-13522 to Closed
Stefan Bunciak <email@example.com> made a comment on jira JBIDE-13522
Verified in JBoss Developer Studio
Build id: Alpha2-v20130407-2320-B135
Build date: 20130407-2320