Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 91654
RFE: afio, a good backup tool
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:31 EST
Description of problem:
I would like to see afio into next rh. It's a 'better and more secure cpio':
o makes cpio-format archives.
o It deals somewhat gracefully with input data corruption
o supports multi-volume archives during interactive operation
o can make compressed archives that are much safer than compressed tar or cpio
o provides more diverse magnetic tape options
there is a beta with 2G file support at:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
a new _stable_ afio release(2.5) is out
- Added support for archiving files larger than 2 GB.
The resulting archives are not fully compatible with cpio, but
preserve cpio compatibility as much as possible.
- Various small bug fixes.
- Added support for creating archives larger than 2GB on a filesystem.
- New -6 option to suppress the compression of files based on shell
- New -vv option for ls -l style file list output when creating an
- Restores modification time of directories correctly.
- Improved/debugged support for handling many hard linked files.
- Support for UID/GID values larger than 64K.
- Some additional small new features.
- Improved documentation.
- Added automatic regression that can be used to test the binary after
for FC extras/alternatives, closing...