Bug 92078 - perl-5.8.0-89.pre19525.1 fails t/uni/tr_utf8
perl-5.8.0-89.pre19525.1 fails t/uni/tr_utf8
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Product: Red Hat Raw Hide
Classification: Retired
Component: perl (Show other bugs)
1.0
i386 Linux
high Severity high
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Warren Togami
David Lawrence
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2003-06-02 11:34 EDT by Blair Zajac
Modified: 2005-10-31 17:00 EST (History)
0 users

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2005-07-22 19:24:56 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Blair Zajac 2003-06-02 11:34:34 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 
1.1.4322)

Description of problem:
It appears that applying the perl-5.8.0-backrev.patch to the perl
perl@19525 distribution causes the t/uni/tr_utf8 to fail:

t/uni/tr_utf8........................#     Failed test (uni/tr_utf8.t at line 
70
)
#          got: 'a×<91>צf×<93>×¢×<92>×<94>o×q<99>ײuק×<9C>×<9E>×1 34×6¤Ö9'
#     expected: 'a×<91>צ×<93>×¢
f×<92>×<94>×<99>ײק×<9C>×<9E>× oפqּרסu×<98>
װש×<9B>×<99>×<96>ש1×±34ת6ײ×<97>9'
# Looks like you failed 1 tests of 7.
FAILED at test 7

When I remove this patch from the perl.spec file, this test passes
just fine.

I also tested this with perl@19613 and I got the same results.

I'm gussing there's a module somewhere that is checking Perl's
version number is greater than 5.8.0 and changing it's behavior.

This is when I compile this perl with the following steps:

        bzcat perl@19525.tbz | tar xf -
        mv perl perl@19525
        cd perl@19525

        : : patch -s -p1 < ../patches/perl-5.6.0-root.patch
        : patch -s -p1 < ../patches/perl-5.8.0-fhs.patch
        : patch -s -p1 < ../patches/perl-5.8.0-errno.patch
        : patch -s -p1 < ../patches/perl-5.8.0-notty.patch
        patch -s -p1 < ../patches/perl-5.8.0-sharedlinker.patch
        : : patch -s -p1 < ../patches/perl-5.8.0-links.patch
        patch -s -p1 < ../patches/perl-5.8.0-rpath-make.patch
        patch -s -p1 < ../patches/perl-5.8.0-s390.patch
        : patch -s -p1 < ../patches/perl-5.8.0-libdir64.patch
        : patch -s -p1 < ../patches/perl-5.8.0-Safe2.09.patch
        patch -s -p1 < ../patches/perl-5.8.0-backrev.patch
        find . -name \*.orig -exec rm -fv {} \;

./Configure \
  -Dprefix=/opt/$platform/installed/perl-5.8.0 \
  -Dcc=/opt/$platform/gcc/bin/gcc \
  -Doptimize="-O3 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686" \
  -Uinstallusrbinperl \
  -Ulocincpth \
  -Duseshrplib \
  -Dcf_email=blair@orcaware.com \
  -Ui_db \
  -Uversiononly \
  -Ubincompat5005 \
  -Dlibpth='/lib /usr/lib' \
  -Dlibspath='/lib /usr/lib' \
  -Dd_dosuid


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
perl-5.8.0-89.pre19525.1

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Get perl-5.8.0-89.pre19525.1.src.rpm.
2. Compile it
3. Run make test
    

Additional info:
Comment 1 Warren Togami 2005-07-22 19:24:56 EDT
Due to inactivity assuiming this was fixed a while ago.  REOPEN and provide more
details if it is not fixed in RHEL3.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.