Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 924182
RFE: Configure mount point dialog redesign
Last modified: 2014-09-04 13:28:23 EDT
Description of problem:
I have some ideas for configure mount point dialog.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to partitioning spoke, create a partition and click on configure mount point button
1. The dialog is too small. If I have 3 or more disks, the scrollbar appears.
2. The scrollbar scrolls not only actual disks, but also the header of the table.
3. I don't think that selecting the disks using CTRL is the best option. Let's say I'm selecting 20 disks,
and when selecting disk 14, I by mistake don't hold CTRL.. I must then go and start selecting it again
4. I know that all disks are selected by default, still I would like to see there some option to select
1. Would it be possible to display bigger window? There's a plenty space and I don't see any reason why this dialog should be so small
2. Scrollbar should scroll only the disks so that user still see the table header.
3. Selecting the disks by using CTRL is nice, but I would welcome more traditional way, for example using checkboxes. (screenshot attached)
4. I would like to see something similer like it was in old anaconda in advanced partitioning (screenshot attached)
Let's discuss all the possibilities..
Created attachment 713735 [details]
Created attachment 713736 [details]
Posted patches that directly address 1 & 2. For 3 & 4, I dunno, I think the checkbox makes it look too cluttered. I turned on rubber-banding on the TreeView to make it possible to select several (or all) disks with the mouse.