- help is not working
- you can add several printers with exactly the same name without warning
- you can use the same queue without warning
- removing a printer is not working at all
- if /etc/printcap is not existing, application justs crashes
- if you select for first printer "generic color PCL", as second printer
"generig postscript", the application crashes
- selection of resolution not really well: you should be able to select the
standard resolutions like 300x300, 600x300, 1200x1200, 600x600 instead of
- debug messeages in the terminal window, which confuses customer
- help: Known "feature" - but the What's This? buttons provide a start.
- adding several printers with the same name: fixed in current CVS
- same queue: known problem, will be fixed in time for 6.2.
- removing printer: Not yet implemented, currently working on it.
- missing /etc/printcap: fixed in current CVS
- crashes: known problem, working on it.
- resolution selection: Thought about that too, but it would be shutting out
people with old printers. Epson FX-80, for example, uses resolutions like
- debug messages: They're there intentionally until the tool stabilizes for 6.2.
I want to get sane bug reports.
again on the resolotion issues:
Its nice, if people have the possiblity to support those old printers.
But most printers are working with "standard resolutions". And therefore
we should have a quick selection possibility instead of the implemented.
Closing this bug; we don't (and won't) ship printer-config as it's supposed to be replaced with some RHN tool.